Sunday, May 25, 2014

Yummy Berry Parfait


I am really not a huge fan of a large breakfast and I often times struggle with what to have for breakfast. I tend to plan my schedule out in the morning, so that I sleep in as long as possible and hurry and get ready and run out the door to work. My sleep is way more important to me than eating breakfast! LOL! I know this is BAD behavior and it's a tough habit to curb. BUT this is why I like to have something for breakfast that I can grab on the go. It's great to make this the night before, or on a Sunday when you can prep your food. You can make this in a large container and scoop some out for the week for breakfast or a snack. It's easy to throw into a container and take to work, which is typically what I do. 



Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup sliced strawberries*
  • 3/4 cup blueberries*
  • 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 1/3 cup granola
  • 1 tablespoon wheat germ*
*You can use whatever fruits you like. Sometimes I will add in blackberries or raspberries.
*Wheat germ- For those who do not use this often, you can check out my post on wheat germ.



Directions:
  • Layer 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/3 container yogurt, 1/3 tablespoon wheat germ, 1/3 sliced banana, 2 tablespoons of granola in large bowl. Continue to build the parfait, repeating the layers until all of the ingredients are used.
  • Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment