Thursday, March 6, 2014

30 days Chalene Extreme

I am coming to the end of my 30 days on Chalene Extreme. It's going to be time for me to switch to the next phase and I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed this first burn phase. It has been a lot of lifting and a lot of squats and various leg moves, but I have really loved the lifting part of these exercises. I have this weird obsession with arms and I think that's why I love lifting so much. As I type this I am extremely sore and my thighs are killing me enough that it makes it hard to go up and down steps, but that's what it is all about. I have always been 100% in love with P90X and that was my number 1 workout, but now that I have discovered Chalene, I am really loving her too! I'm cheating on Tony Horton!! EEEEKKK! lol

Chalene is very motivating and I have started following her on Facebook and everyday she really posts motivational ideas and she pushes you to be the best person you can be. I think her workouts so far are great and I'm thinking about trying Turbofire next. I have heard good things about Turbofire and I tend to stay with programs when I like the trainer. Hence my love of Tony Horton and P90X which is why I purchased P90X3.

The arm workouts in the first burn phase are really great. She focuses on fly's and working your biceps and shoulders while also doing squats and lunges which with the extra weight kill your thighs! Want a good thigh and butt workout also? This is for you! It's like squat city! But, I can say that I am noticing my bum is a little more lifted in my pants which is pretty exciting! YAY! I think it's the little things like seeing small changes in your body, that keep you coming back for more. Seeing the changes in yourself and your mood and how much energy you will have is really the best part of this journey. When I come home from work I am tired, I don't feel like getting my workout clothes on and starting my videos, but I have the motivation pictures and I have my challenge group, where people are just like me and don't want to do it, but they do. I am so thankful for my challenge group and the people involved in it, because they make me want to BRING IT everyday and they are the ones that make me want to show up and get it done. It's about teamwork and going through struggles with others who are in the same boat that you are. The only person holding you back is yourself.


No comments :

Post a Comment