Monday, March 3, 2014

Fresh Salsa Recipe

I tried making my very own salsa tonight and let me tell you this recipe rocks!! Of course anything made with fresh ingredients is going to taste 100 times better than the store bought stuff, but WOW! I am in salsa heaven! This recipe is sooo simple and fast, the only thing you need is a cutting board, knife and a blender!

For my salsa, I did not use the entire jalapeño pepper. I used about half and left the part with a ton of seeds out. I like my salsa spicy and not using the entire jalapeño worked out well for me. If you like your salsa really spicy, use the entire pepper and all of the seeds. If you are looking for a little milder salsa, be careful with the seeds. You can experiment and always add seeds as you go to get the temperature you are looking for.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!!






Fresh Salsa Recipe:

1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 jalapeño
1/2 white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 handful of cilantro ( I love love love cilantro, so I added a little more, but it's all in what you like)
Throw ingredients in blender/food processor and blend until you get the consistency you desire.
Enjoy!!




No comments :

Post a Comment